Assigned Thursday/Monday (November 2nd, 2017) Due next class.
If you missed class, we are currently working on the activities Random Rectangles and Tootsie Pops. We will finish those in class.
1) Read Chapter 12. It is super important that you do. Then create FLASHCARDS regarding vocabulary found in "What Have we Learned?" and "What can Go Wrong?" sections of each chapter.
2) FINISH The Random Rectangles Activity. Make sure to review pages 273-276 to finish your advantages and disadvantages of Sampling techniques.
3) Vocabulary Quiz on Tuesday/Wednesday - See Quizlet to the right to prepare.
Understanding Bias, Design Part 2
Assigned Tuesday/Wednesday, Nov 8th, 2017. Due next class.
Finish Rectangles/Lolly Pop/Tootsie Roll Packet. The math is from Unit 2, you just need to express which samples you would use and collect your data. Again, review pages 273-276 if you haven't done so already.
Pg 289-291 #15-27 all, 35-36. We will go over some questions in class.
Be sure to create Ch 13 FLASHCARDS for the "What Have we Learned?" and "What can Go Wrong?" sections of each chapter, include important Vocabulary as well.
Vocabulary Quiz next two classes as well - See Quizlet to the right to prepare for it.
Assigned Monday, Nov 13th, 2017. Due Friday.
1. Pg. 312-314 #7-23 odds, #33, #42-43. We will go over some questions in class.
Note to teacher: Go over problems #9, 11, #33 and 36 in class.
2. Make sure you have read Chapter 13! Create Ch 13 FLASHCARDS for the "What Have we Learned?" and "What can Go Wrong?" sections of each chapter, include important Vocabulary as well.
3. Read Pages 299-300 and 306-311. Know what "statistically significant" means as well as know the difference between confounding (can't be removed, period) and lurking (haven't tested for it yet) variables.
4. Last Vocabulary Quiz and Group Quiz on Wednesday
Unit Review - continued
Assigned Monday, Nov 14th, 2016. Due next class.
Finish Group Quiz (5 Steps to a 5) Activity.
Page 132-135 Even Multiple Choice, Odd Free Response
We will also do surveys in class next time. Then review for Unit Test set for next week Monday.